23.2.13

Stop it right now


My mother kept a journal and wrote to me while she was dying. Near the end she must’ve imagined how hard it would be for me to read, so she ripped out all but a few of the pages and burned them. She was right, even those few pages kill me to read and so the book sits collecting dust and a few somber glances every now and then. This is no. 10, a passage from the journal in her handwriting: “기쁘고 감사한 날이다” (translation: a joyous and thankful day).’

You must already know Jayne Min's excellent blog and tumblr. I’m using a very lazy Saturday to go through her archives. This is the best (my dad was once in an elevator with Mr T, true story). And this

What do you believe in? 
I believe in paying attention. I believe in being kind to everyone. I believe in not being cool. I believe in telling stupid people that they’re stupid (someone has to!). I believe in being good to your friends and being great to your family. I believe in working hard for what you want. I believe in my abilities. I believe in doing what you say and saying what you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment