13.1.12

Cheap thrills


Like pretty much everyone with an iPhone, I’ve been enjoying Instagram. Nothing special, but fun. These are from the holidays, when I visited my sister in Shanghai. Highlights: meeting my sister’s fantastic friends and co-workers, visiting flea markets (those red glasses were sadly too expensive), a bourbon-cherry brown sugar pavlova (based on this recipe), homemade eggnog (we used forty-eight egg yolks!), wandering around the French concession, getting my Granddad’s Nikon FE2 fixed, eating out, dinner at Miss Mary Ching’s incredible warehouse apartment, wearing all of my sister’s clothing (the scalloped white New Year’s dress is hers), going crazy shopping on Tao Bao, and the very easy 80-minute direct flight.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun. I think the Instagram trend is slowly growing on me too. When I see photos like these I just can't dislike it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks/sounds so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses are incredible. And wowzers your Sis has great taste. What fun to peruse her closet;)

    ReplyDelete